Site designed for Firefox Web Browser.
Sunday, June 18, 2006
I think sometimes, one just needs to have a checklist of things to go through when a migraine starts.

Some of the things I think about, when the pain starts, are:
  • Have I been drinking enough water?
  • Did I have any MSG (Mono-Sodium Glutamate)?
  • Have I been consuming any processed cheese?
  • How much sleep did I get last night/this afternoon?
  • Would a neck massage help?
  • Perhaps I should have my feet massaged...
  • Am I stressed out?
  • Is the brightness on my computer screen too high?
  • Is there too much direct lighting in the room I am in?
  • Is it too cold? Too hot maybe?
  • Am i angry? Sad? Over-excited?
  • Was there a loud sound that might have shocked me?
  • Is the Qur'an recitation's volume set too high?
  • Have I smelled any obnoxious perfume lately?
  • Is the family preparing food using spices that might irritate my senses?
There are many things one can ask themselves when a migraine starts. They call this bio-feedback. I'll be covering some of these topics as time goes on, insha Allah.

Perhaps this list of questions might be re-ordered according to areas of importance. If you suffer normally, please leave me a list of things you investigate at the beginning of your migraine attack.
 
posted by Abu Miftah at 1:29 PM | Permalink |



0 Comments: